Mentors inspire, encourage, and support you. They even contribute to your professional and personal development. With mentorship, you can expect to strengthen and build your network while gaining the skills and confidence necessary to excel.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I choose a mentor? First, complete your profile with information on what help you are looking for. Then browse through the list of mentors and create mentoring request.
- How long will the mentors be available? We ask our mentors to make commitments of at least 6 months in order to ensure that the mentee is able to fully benefit from the relationship.
- Relationship is not going well or I am concerned about mentorship. What should I do? We encourage letting the mentor know about the situation and contacting the Admin. We will provide our full support to resolve the situation in a positive and satisfactory manner.
Find a Mentor Today!
Discover the perfect resource for your professional and personal growth here.
- Take a proactive role in shaping the relationship
- Understand what you want from the mentoring relationship and communicate your goals and aspirations to your mentor. Ensure balance between your personal and professional relationship with your mentor.
- Set aside time for the mentoring process and keep all scheduled appointments with your mentor. Display professional behavior at all times.
- Take full advantage of the time with your mentor. Come to each meeting prepared with questions and topics from the mentorship guidebook.
- Respond in a timely manner to your mentor's feedback. Respond to emails from your mentor within two days.
- Be open and honest with your mentor about your strengths and weaknesses.
- If something concerning the mentor needs to be discussed with others, it should first be discussed within the mentoring relationship.
- Don't ask for advice on everything. (Do have a purpose with each request.)
- Don't blame the mentor if his or her advice doesn't work out.
- Don't expect the mentor to know all the answers.
- Don't commit yourself to obligations you cannot keep.
- Don't cancel meetings/visits with your mentor at the last minute.